July 19, 2011

Things I Eat When I'm Lazy and Poor Planning


Been having a few lazy days when it comes to cooking (and eating). So, I figured I might as well tell you what I eat when I'm lazy. Laziness, obviously, is when my diet goes all to hell.
As shown above, I rather enjoy half a cinnamon raisin bagel slathered with Nutella when I'm too lazy to make breakfast (i.e. all those eggs I cook are usually lunch or dinner).
When I'm too lazy to make lunch, I'll usually wander around and make a PB&J or just not bother eating. So what? BREAKFAST was the most important meal of the day.
And, if I'm too lazy to make something half decent for dinner, or just too impatient, I'll make a damn omelet. Because, as I believe I've proven, I like eggs in many of their known incarnations.
Today, in feeling lazy and wanting something flavorlicious, I made this:


I feel as if I should've thought this one through a little more before experimenting. However, after getting home from my first meeting with a psychologist, I didn't feel like waiting and I had come home with a bag of basil anyway.

Yet Another Failed Attempt At Awesome
Idea stolen from some smoothie place that Will goes to.
Serves 1.

11 oz. V8 juice (because there appears to be no such thing as TOMATO juice)
2 stalks celery
1 large clove garlic, peeled
1 handful fresh basil
1 blender that refuses to do its job

Directions:
1. Add all ingredients to the blender (except the blender itself, you only have one to work with here).
2. Blend.
3. Pour into a glass and wonder why there are still chunks.

To be entirely honest, this ALMOST works for me. I enjoy the garlicky flavor and the basil flavor, but V8 is entirely the wrong tomato substitute. The consistency of V8 is nice enough for a smoothie, but is all out of whack as far as it's flavor profile goes. It's a little heavy on the celery and carrot side, while I want it to generally NOT have those things and just be a tomato juice. I think if I used just tomato juice instead of V8, and had a blender that could ACTUALLY liquify things, then this could be an awesome smoothie, as gross as it looks.
Experiments shall resume tomorrow if the basil lasts that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment